As we begin to wrap up our wedding season for the year, we’re reminded of just how lucky we are to have clients like Liz and Andras, whose engagement session we did at the National Portrait Gallery and who place such an emphasis on great photography for their wedding. Not only are they extremely friendly and outgoing, they have a love for life that’s truly inspired. Read on, and have a great weekend, everyone!
Ready for more? You can view the complete wedding gallery here. The password is Liz’s maiden name.
The talented team:
Event planner: Jamie with Simply Chic Events
Ceremony venue: St. Matthew’s Cathedral
Reception venue: Hay Adams Hotel
Florist: Philippa Tarrant
DJ: Aaron with Chris Laich Music
Make-up: Nour Kazoun
Hair: Bridal Hair by Remona
Baker: Kendall’s Cakes
Lighting: John Farr Lighting
Gown: Priscilla of Boston
Stationary: Haute Papier
Furniture rentals: AFR Furniture Rental
We love us some good emotion, and it came in utter spades on your wedding day–from laughter to happy tears. That, combined with your love of architecture with where you chose to tie the knot and celebrate with family and friends afterward, made for a wonderfully rewarding day. Looking back, we are grateful for many things from your celebration and the relationship we have developed with you both.
- We love you are so thoroughly enraptured with each other you teared up when seeing each other for the first time that day. And then again just before walking down the aisle, Liz. In fact, we may have teared up a few times, as well.
- Your moms. Oh, my goodness….could they be any sweeter? There was no way their smiles could be wiped off their faces that day. Just beautiful. We loved it. And wanted to adopt them. Can we please?
- Although Meridian Hill park was particularly popular while there for your portraits, you plowed through the quinceaneras and family portraits all around you with nary a concern in the world.
- You incorporated little personalized touches to the day, such as serving caviar during cocktail hour in a nod to acquiring the taste in your childhood, the oh-so-delicious Hungarian cookies (we have had one..okay, maybe two), and your friends’ beautiful voices in the choir singing before and during your ceremony.
- Your dedication to design and simple beauty and how you incorporated that dedication in your decor and stationary. The textures and colors were like a beautiful kaleidoscope, especially in the late afternoon sun.
- You’re so talented in the kitchen we were almost disappointed to not have you cooking things up that day. Thank goodness the Hay Adams staff was there to fill in for you. 🙂
Thank you so much for including us in your celebration, you two! We sincerely appreciate the trust you’ve placed in us and are honored to be part of your lives.
Loaves & fishes…